Nourishing Skincare with Vitamin B3
Nourishing skincare with Vitamin B3 has become very popular because this ingredient is such a beneficial addition to skincare products. It is very stable when used correctly and also has several benefits for various skin types. This vitamin helps to strengthen the skin barrier, reduce hyperpigmentation, as well as regulating sebum production. Because of these key benefits, it is great for acne-prone skin as well as mature skin. Vitamin B3, or Niacinamide is found in nature, however, a nature identical version is used by formulators because the process of extraction is difficult and costly. Therefore, this ingredient is created in a lab and is identical to what is available in nature. Because of the method of production, it is a very safe and pure product, less likely to result in an adverse reaction.
Nourishing Skincare With Vitamin B3 – the benefits
- Because Vitamin B3 increases the production of ceramides, keratin and other components, it assists with natural moisturisation, and can help the skin to retain its natural skin barrier and reduce moisture loss from the skin.
- It helps the skin to retain a youthful healthy look by reducing sallowness and improving the skin’s natural elasticity. In addition, Vitamin B3 boosts the production of collagen – making it a natural choice for products designed for mature skin.
- Niacinamide is a great choice for for acne-prone skin. It acts to reduce the size of pores, and inflammation, also, improving skin texture. It has additional benefits in that it does not dry out the skin.
- It is useful for hyperpigmentation, therefore, it helps to maintain an even skin tone.
- Another benefit to using this ingredient is that it acts synergistically with other ingredients, multiplying the benefits and nourishing the skin.
Nourishing Skincare with Vitamin B3 by Imago Skincare
I make several products with this ingredient. Soothe and Purify Moisturiser is specifically formulated for people with acne-prone skin. It also contains at least 5 ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid that work well with Vitamin B3. This product is also ideal for blackhead-prone, breakout-prone, and congested or oily skin. It contains Jojoba oil, which gives the product a “dryer” feel on application. Jojoba oil mimics the sebum of the skin and helps to control the overproduction of sebum, often associated with these skin types.
Firm and Nourish Mask is packed with ingredients to enhance the effects of Vitamin B3, for example Vitamin B5
Firm and Nourish/Youthful Glow Moisturiser contains hyaluronic acid and many other ingredients that work really well with Vitamin B3.