A Facial Product for “Problem Skin”
Soothe and Purify Moisturiser
A facial care product for problem skin, Soothe and Purify Moisturiser is specifically formulated for breakout-prone, acne-prone, blackhead-prone, oily or congested skin. I dislike the term, problem skin, however, if you have some of these skin types, that’s how you see it!
I formulated this moisturiser specifically for “problem skin”, and list some of these issues below.
- Breakout prone skin
- Acne Prone Skin
- Blackhead prone skin
- Congested or oily skin
- Hormonal Skin – where the skin breaks out due to hormones.
- Combination skin, (dry in places but oily in others)
A Facial Product for Problem Skin
I formulated Soothe and Purify Moisturiser based upon a synergistic blend of herbs –
- Wild Pansy and Chickweed extract. I chose this blend of organic herbs, because I learned during my training that they work in synergy to help “problem skin” the links take you to articles about the two herbs.
- Thistle Oil is soothing to the skin and is especially useful to problem skin, as it does not block the pores.
- Organic Jojoba Oil, which is actually a wax has a chemical composition very close the the sebum of the skin. Poor quality cosmetics can encourage sluggish pore function, resulting in sebum blocking the pores and turning into blackheads. Jojoba oil helps to reduce this by softening the sebum plugs, thereby assisting the pores to expel the blackheads.
- A blend of three plant extracts from the South American Rain forests. It is named Anti-acne formula but these are the plant extracts – Copaifera officinalis (balsam copaiba) resin, Carapa guaiansis seed oil, Euterpe oleracea pulp oil (proven to reduce seborrheic activity and improve acne prone skin as well as other skin problems.).
- Hyaluronic Acid can help prevent scar formation and can work to fade old scars as well as having antioxidant properties.
- Vitamin A clears the pores to prevent breakouts, as well as reducing the appearance of blemishes, resulting in a more even skin tone.
- Vitamin E, or Tocopherol, is widely renowned for its antioxidant properties, in addition, it deeply cleanses the pores and balances sebum production.
The Essential Oils
- Niaouli is reputed to have antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Experts believe that it protects and restores the skin.
- People have used Lavender for centuries for its healing and soothing properties.
- Bergamot, (I use a non photo-toxic version), people have used this essential oil for centuries for its anti-bacterial and cleansing properties.
- Together, these oils provide a synergistic blend to help with skin that is oily or prone to breakouts.
This facial care product can help with the reduction of pore size, minimising blemishes and more healthy looking skin, because it contains a host of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant ingredients. I chose the ingredients based on their effectiveness for use for people experiencing the above skin issues.
Due to the choice of oils, the product is not greasy on the skin.
How to use it
Apply to skin in upward movements, day and night.