A Cleanser for Sensitive Skin
Your first product you need to use in your skincare routine is a cleanser. This cleanser has been formulated specifically for sensitive skin, using ingredients that are less likely to irritate your skin.
It is important to thoroughly cleanse your skin to remove any dirt, excess oil and makeup. This allows your skin to properly and effectively absorb the rest of the products in your routine. A palm free emulsifier is used to make Sensitive Cleanser, which, unlike many emulsifiers also has benefits for the skin. See Ingredients and Benefits for more information.
It is impossible to predict whether or not someone will react to a product, unless they have had allergy testing. On top of that some people become sensitised to a product they have been using for years and suddenly have a skin reaction. If you are very sensitive, it would be better to buy a sample pack to try small sizes before investing in the full size version. You can find them here...
Ingredients and benefits
- I formulated Sensitive Cleanser using two different kinds of beeswax . They have soothing, moisturising and protective properties. Beeswax is what is called an occlusive, so it slows down transdermal water loss from the skin. Not only a moisturiser, but it provides a protective barrier that will keep the skin moisturised but also protects the skin from external damage.
- Castor Oil provides deep cleansing, because it can bind oil and water together, making it effective at removing dirt and grease from the skin. It is known to increase skin suppleness and is especially helpful for dry skin. In addition, it contains high levels of useful nutrients such as Omega 6 and Vitamin E.
- Sweet Almond Oil is softening and moisturising. It has lots of nutritious components, such as Vitamin A, E, B1, B2 and B3.
- The emulsifier used in this product is 100% plant based and is palm free. It has really good Eco credentials. It also provides effective and continuous skin hydration for up to 5 hours, which is ideal for sensitive skin because lack of moisture can increase sensitivity. It is unusual for an emulsifier to also have such brilliant skin benefits.
- I chose a blend of Chamomile and Mandarin Essential Oils to fragrance this product.
- For centuries, people have believed that Chamomile essential oil has wound healing benefits. In addition, people have used it to reduce redness and soothe sensitive skin. The ancient Greeks used the chamomile plant, crushing the flowers to relieve redness and dryness.
- Experts report that Mandarin essential oil is a very gentle oil, in fact, aromatherapists even recommend it for use on babies. Various sources report that it has anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-septic properties as well as working to encourage healthy cell and tissue growth.
- This blend of essential oils provides a beautifully light and fresh fragrance for this Cleanser.
Sensitive, fragile and irritated skin.
Cleanser for sensitive skin – How to use it
There are two ways to use this cleanser, both effective and really a personal choice. Massage a small amount (4 -5 pumps) into wet hands into the face in circular motions. Remove by rinsing with warm water and a damp face cloth. Alternatively, remove with damp cotton pads. Then tone with Sensitive Toner