Mandarin Lip Balm by Imago Skincare
Mandarin lip balm, produced by Imago Skincare is made from entirely naturally sourced ingredients. The product contains no preservatives. They do not contain petroleum-based ingredients, because I don’t use ingredients that are sourced from the petroleum industry in my skincare range.
Suitable for all skin-types, however, please note that this product contains Sweet Almond Oil. People with peanut allergies are often fine with Sweet Almond Oil but please take care.
Ingredients and benefits
The lip balm made by imago is protective, softening and nourishing to the lips, protecting the lips from harsh cold weather but with natural sun protection benefits. I only use essential oils to fragrance the lip balm, and each variety contains a different blend of oils. They are great to use for chapped or sore lips and are very popular – you can read reviews here.
- I use beeswax, to add a layer of protection to the lips which prevents water loss from the skin and protects the skin from external damaging agents.
- Mango Butter, because it keeps the skin soft, supple and moisturised.
- Shea Butter provides some SPF value. A woman’s co-operative in Ghana produces the Shea Butter used in the lip balms. This ingredient has healing, nourishing, moisturising and protective properties, therefore it helps to re-hydrate dry skin. Both Mango Butter and Shea Butter contain Omega 6 and Omega 9.
- Sweet Almond Oil mean is soothing, nourishing and moisturising and, in addition, contains Omega 3, 6 and 9. The lip balms made by imago are protective, softening and nourishing to the lips, protecting the lips from harsh cold weather but with natural sun protection benefits. I only use essential oils to fragrance the product, and each variety has a different blend of oils.
- This one only contains mandarin essential oil. I love the light citrus scent – it always lifts my mood! Mandarin oil is also very gentle on the skin.
How to Use Mandarin Lip Balm
Apply to lips as required. You will find that you just can’t get enough of it. My customers tell me they carry a lip balm wherever they go and have many of them in various pockets and bags. It is really helpful when you have a cold – no sore, chapped or dry lips.