Organic Ingredients for Skin – Healthy Skin needs the right pH!
The organic ingredients for the skin in this toner make it very effective. Toners are often forgotten in the skincare routine, however, they are very important as they balance the pH of the skin, allowing the skin barrier, the acid mantle to do what it is designed to do – keep your skin healthy!
People tend to be unaware of the importance of toners and why they should use them! This is step 2 of your skincare routine and should not be missed out! While, they are used to remove any last traces of dirt or product, and close the pores, they also bring the skin back to a healthy pH level to maintain the acid barrier. The acid mantle allows your skin to protect itself.
We used to call toners “astringents”; they often contained alcohol, which can dry the skin. Imago Skincare toners do not contain alcohol!
Why is the pH so important to the function of the acid mantle?
- The acid mantle is a protective layer on the surface of the skin
- It is formed mainly by sebum, natural oils that sit on the surface of the skin, forming an acidic layer.
- Its main purpose is to defend the skin from bacteria and other contaminating toxins.
- It keeps the skin healthy, in good condition, as well as helping it to function properly. Because the skin is the largest of our organs, you can appreciate how important this is.
- The acid mantle maintains the microbiome – a delicate balance of microorganisms that contribute to skin health.
- It maintains healthy moisture levels and also reduces sensitivity.
- Because of the acidity created by the acid mantle, bacteria is unable to survive.
- Damage to the acid mantle can mean that your skin is more prone to skin problems, such as acne or dryness.
- Research has shown that soaps and other products can damage the acid mantle.
- Maintaining the acid mantle encourages healthy, glowing skin.
Specifically formulated for Acne-prone, spot-prone, blackhead-prone, congested, oily, hormonal, and combination skin.
Ingredients and benefits
- The basis of the product is a synergistic blend of Organic Wild Pansy and Organic Chickweed extract is a synergistic blend of Wild Pansy and Chickweed extract. Wild Pansy helps to cleanse and soothe problem skin and is really good for large pores. People have used Chickweed herb historically because they realised that it calms skin conditions associated with problem skin. These two herbs work together in various ways to help problem skin.
- Lavender Water is soothing and calming to the skin.
- Most people are aware of the astringent properties of Witch Hazel, however, skincare formulators also add it to products to help with removing excess oil from the skin and tightening the pores.
- Aloe Vera adds another soothing and skin-conditioning aspect to the formula.
- Fragranced with a blend of Tea Tree and Lavender Essential Oils, chosen for its healing, soothing, anti-bacterial, anti-septic, and cleansing properties.
How to use it
Put a few pumps on to cotton wool pads and apply in an upward movement. Available in two sizes so you can start with the smaller size to try it out before buying the larger size. Larger sizes are more cost-effective.