Firm and Nourish Toner
The importance of the PH of the skin
The importance of the PH of the skin is often overlooked. People tend to be unaware of the importance of toners and why they should use them! This is step 2 of your skincare routine and should not be missed out! While, they are used to remove any last traces of dirt or product, and close the pores, they also bring the skin back to a healthy PH level to maintain the acid barrier. The acid mantle allows your skin to protect itself.
In the past, we called toners “astringents”, and they often contained alcohol, which can dry the skin. Imago Skincare toners do not contain alcohol!
So what is the acid mantle and what is it’s importance the the PH of the skin?
- The acid mantle is a protective layer on the surface of the skin
- It is formed mainly by sebum, natural oils that sit on the surface of the skin, forming an acidic layer.
- Its main purpose is to defend the skin from bacteria and other contaminating toxins.
- It keep the the skin healthy, in good condition, as well as helping it to function properly. Because the skin is the largest of our organs, you can appreciate how important this is.
- The acid mantle maintains the microbiome – a delicate balance of micro organisms that contribute to skin health.
- It maintains healthy moisture levels and also reduces sensitivity.
- Because of the acidity created by the acid mantle, bacteria is unable to survive.
- Damage to the acid mantle can mean that your skin is more prone to skin problems, such as acne or dryness.
- Research has shown that soaps and other products can damage the acid mantle.
- Maintaining the acid mantle encourages healthy, glowing skin.
Firm and Nourish toner brings the PH of your skin to a healthy level, which assists the acid mantle to do it’s job.
Ideal for normal – dry skin.
Ingredients and benefits
- This product is alcohol free, in order to ensure that it is gentle on the skin.
- Panthenol, often called Pro vitamin B5 is a nourishing moisturiser for the skin, even helping damaged skin! It soothes and softens the skin, thereby reducing moisture loss. It helps to maintain the elasticity of the skin, and also tones and firms the skin, as well as smoothing roughness or dryness.
- Rose water is balancing and has anti-oxidant properties. Imago Skincare Rose Water comes from a farm in Norfolk.
- An extract of the South African plant called Spilanthes Acmella, which is 100% natural and plant-based. It is ethically and sustainably sourced, as well as supporting local farmers. It plumps, firms and smooths the skin, as well as having properties that increase elasticity. In addition, it helps to provide a smooth surface ready for your makeup.
- Cucumber Extract -contains a host of ingredients to support the skin at a cellular level. It is one of my favourite ingredients, because it improves the complexion and helps the skin to look refreshed and revitalised.
- As well as all of the above benefits, Firm and Nourish Toner helps to return the PH of the skin to the correct levels.
How to use it
Put two or three pumps on to dry cotton pads and apply to the skin in upward movements.
Would you like a free skin consultation? email on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on my Facebook page